R2:2013 (Responsible Recycling) Certified
R2 requires e-recyclers to assure that more toxic material streams are managed safely and responsibly by downstream vendors-all the way to final disposition (end of life). It also prohibits e-recyclers and their downstream vendors from exporting these more toxic materials to countries that have enacted laws making their imports illegal. The R2 Standard sets forth requirements relating to environmental, health, safety, and security aspects of electronics recycling.
The R2 Standard focuses on the performance of electronics recyclers in the areas of:
- environmental and public health
- worker health and safety
- security (data and facility)
- the whole of the recycling process and chain of custody of materials through final disposition
Contracting with an electronics recycler that is R2 Certified means peace of mind in knowing that your company’s IT assets are being managed by a recycler that has demonstrated they have a system in place to properly handle materials according to the R2 Standard.
You can be assured that when you work with T3, recycling print cartridges, recycling toner and disposing of electronics is achieved using sound and safe environmental methods and practice. View R2 Certificate
ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 Certified
ISO 14001 (International Organization for Standardization) is the world’s most recognized framework for environmental management systems (EMS) and the largest developer of voluntary International Standards. ISO has developed standards that help organizations to take a proactive approach to manage environmental issues. It specifies requirements for establishing an environmental policy, determining environmental aspects and impacts of products/activities/services, planning environmental objectives and measurable targets, implementation and operation of programs to meet objectives and targets, checking and corrective action and management review. View ISO14001:2015 Certificate
ISO 45001:2018 specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, and gives guidance for its use, to enable organizations to provide safe and healthy workplaces by preventing work-related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance. View ISO 45001:2018 Certificate
Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
- T3 is committed to providing an environmentally friendly way to recycle both new and used ink and toner cartridges, printer parts, fusers, storage media cartridges, and other e-waste materials.
- T3 is committed to continual improvement.
- T3 is committed to the prevention of pollution and the protection of biodiversity and ecosystems through responsible recycling.
- T3 is committed to providing safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of injury and ill-health.
- T3 is committed to eliminate hazards and reduce occupational health and safety risks.
- T3 is committed to the consultation and participation of workers, and where they exist, workers’ representatives.
- T3 is committed to providing a framework for setting and reviewing environmental, health, and safety objectives.
- T3 is committed to managing used and end-of-life electronic equipment based on reuse, refurbishment, recovery, disposal hierarchy including onsite and downstream materials management throughout the recycling chain.
- T3 is committed to managing Focus Materials throughout the recycling chain to final disposition with due diligence to protect our environment.
- T3 is committed to continuous improvement achieved through monitoring of objectives and rigorous evaluation of our management system.
- T3 is committed to comply with applicable legal and other requirements relative to the environmental and health and safety aspects of our business and fulfill its compliance obligations.
- T3 is committed to communicating and reinforcing this policy throughout our company, as well as, to our customers, our suppliers, and to the public.